A Commercial Roofing Checklist for Fall
As fall approaches, most of us will be experiencing colder weather and some serious storming, such as thunderstorms, blizzards, and hail storms! If you want your building’s commercial roof to be prepared, consider the following checklist for fall:
- Roof surface – Is it clean? Does it need new walkway pads?
- Interior walls and ceiling – Are there any signs of leaks?
- Base flashings – How’s the attachment? Are there signs of movement?
- Fascia/coping – Can you see any leaks, staining, or missing mortar?
- Roof edges – Is there evidence of deterioration?
- Expansion joints – Do they exhibit any signs of excessive movement, deterioration, or leaking?
- Penetrations – Are the pitch pans filled?
- HVAC Units – Is the duct work okay? What about the housings, sheet metal cabinets, gaskets, and pipes?
- Miscellaneous – Can you see any ponding water? What about oil deposits?
As you can see, there’s a lot to consider when it comes to the maintenance of a commercial roof. What’s worse, a lot of problems aren’t really visible to the naked eye! They require analysis with high-tech equipment that can see inside the roofing system to detect water, rust, or damage.
It also helps to have a great deal of experience with diagnosing commercial roof problems and setting up preventive measures. You might be responsible for roof maintenance, but that doesn’t mean you have to try to handle all this stuff on your own.
Even if you choose not to use Storm Hawks to help you prevent future damage through the upcoming storm season, it’s still a good idea to go over this checklist to ensure that you’re not missing something crucial. By the time a storm hits, much of the damage is already done—and it’s always better to catch it early on!
If you have questions about the checklist or want to know how Storm Hawks can help ready your commercial roof for the fall, just give us a call today!
Storm Hawk Commander-in-Chief,