Are you looking to make a gigantic impact in the construction industry in a company you can really believe in?
Do you have experience estimating complex commercial roofing projects, building trust with clients and building great estimating teams?
Are you a “Get It Done” high performer?
If so, read on…
Here’s the deal, we’re growing our commercial re-roofing and service department teams and we’re looking for the Chief Estimator to build and lead the team. We’re going to skip all the clichés about this “exciting, and challenging, and fulfilling opportunity.”
Instead, here’s a list of some words that will describe the person we’re looking for (quick note: It would be a good idea for you to take an honest assessment of whether they describe you before applying).
The Words: Be Humble, Stay Hungry, Always Hustle and Keep Sharp.
If that’s you, it’s pretty simple from here:
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Organize Department and Build Team
We want someone who makes things happen on a daily basis and in this position that means organizing and building a world-class estimating department. This includes the following Daily Deeds:
- Manages all phases of the estimating process (roofing, repairs, restoration, sheet metal, etc.)
- Determine the appropriate projects to price. Maintain bid calendar and price project
- Help the sales team develop roofing solutions and price projects for the sales team
- Studies project specifications and blueprints to plan procedures for estimating on the basis of starting and completion times, staffing requirements, and materials for each phase of construction
- Review and approve all estimates
- Build and continue to improve our estimating process and procedures
- Have a list of ideal clients you will personal work with and estimate projects
- Bachelor Degree in Construction Science and Management or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- Eight years’ experience estimating commercial roofing projects (new construction, re-roofs, restoration, and repairs).
- Proven track record of building high-performance teams.
- Must have knowledge of scheduling, reading blueprints and be a “roofing wizard”.
- Advance user of technologies for estimating (The EDGE is a plus), job cost, and scheduling program
- Expert with various roofing manufacturers and roofing systems
- Servant leader and loves building people and things
- Confident in client facing atmosphere and site visits
- Strong proactive communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical
- Strategic thinker
You’ll Really Knock Our Socks Off If You….
- You strike the perfect balance between strategy, creation, and precise execution with room for iteration
- You have a Jedi-like talent for identifying, hiring, and motivating talented people
- You never say “That’s not my job” or “I didn’t sign up for that”
- You are a problem-solver and have a natural talent for keeping our clients informed at all times
- You can spot errors in estimates without trying. You know The Edge estimating system like the back of your hand
The Work (The BIG 3)
- Deliver the WOW experience to all our clients. Target of 60 Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Focus on strategic planning, team building and execution of plans
- Meet sales goals and profit margins
What You Will Own
The Chief is responsible for coordinating the Estimating Department’s efforts by targeting appropriate projects for Castro Roofing to achieve it’s sales goals. The Chief’s responsibilities include developing estimating processes, budgets and staffing required in executing the Company’s Sales Plan. The Chief Estimator’s technology responsibility focuses on the continuous development and update of the company estimating system. The Chief is responsible for the leading and development people in the Estimating Department. You’ll be responsible for obtaining an agreed level of profitable work with adequate backlogs to achieve company strategic growth objectives. Functions under general supervision with minimum controls and performs whatever duties are required to achieve desired results.
You’ll get to co-create, design, develop, implement and assess estimating procedures, quality control and methods to support Castro Roofing’s Strategic Business Plan. One of your focuses will be to hire, lead and fire to Castro’s Vision.
You’ll schedule all estimating projects, own the success of all pricing strategies and the “wow” experience of our clients. You’ll be in charge of not only day-to-day estimating, but also the financial well-being of all roofing projects.
The Chief is in charge of hiring estimators, holding weekly 1:1 Meetings with each estimator, writing & reviewing contracts, estimating a portion of the sales goal, and helping design solutions for the sales team. This is a hands-on role in nearly every aspect of the estimating process. Not only are you responsible for hiring and supervising the estimating team, but you are also in charge of creating and managing budgets as they relate to the pricing and field production efficiencies.
Track The Client Experience And Follow Up
You need to be organized and serious about taking notes and following up. Are you the type of person who does what you say you’ll do and never makes hollow promises? A huge part of that is remembering the promises you make and why you made them. You have superpowers when it comes to figuring the best way to estimate complex projects and people to maximize time and money. You execute the work with excellence and a high sense of urgency. You don’t understand procrastinators because you are not one.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CASTRO ROOFING
So you can decide if we’re the kind of people that you want to go to work with everyday
Culture is our Strategy
At Castro Roofing, we deliver peace of mind.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Castro Roofing is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 10 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the World-Class leader in the roofing industry with exceptional service and unmatch talent.
At Castro Roofing, culture is our strategy. We commit to provide you opportunities for growth, empowerment to help deliver peace of mind, and ownership to help us create a better world.
Together…we will deliver the wow-experience to all we touch. We will elevate trust and confidence to the world. We will inspire people to reach their dreams.
We earn everything we have by achieving. We believe in hard work, passion and our daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals. If we fall short, we own our failure, learn from it and try again.
People are our greatest resources but even they can only achieve truly great results through working as a team in a company that priorities merit, competency and professional growth.
Who we serve
We empower commercial building owners and managers to make smart roofing decisions so they and their teams can be more powerful influences in the world and enjoy life as they see fit. Our love for the success of our clients is at the core of our culture. In the future we see our business expanding and helping other owners in all aspects of building management.
However, right now we’re focused on helping commercial building owner with multiple buildings better manage their roofing assets and deliver the WOW experiences by stopping their nightmare roof leaks, extending the life of their existing roof, helping them maximize their insurance claim and empowering them to make smart roofing decisions.
Who we are
We LOVE our clients! We know truly delightful service involves providing high level of craftsmanship, safety, precise and efficient solutions through warm and personalized conversations with each of our clients.
Although finding our clients the right roofing solution and delivering highest level of craftsmanship is always our goal, we don’t just fix things…
We are insanely passionate about our client success and delivering each of them peace of mind. We work in a team-based environment and we are constantly reinventing ways to delight our clients. Everything we do to help our client is done with the intent to delight their socks off.
A word of warning: Castro Roofing isn’t for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen the values, behaviors and culture that are core to Castro Roofing’s success. We love a good challenge, so if this type of stuff doesn’t light your fire, this might not be the right path for you. Before you apply, be sure Castro Roofing is right for you by clicking here.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Our focus is on our employees’ success and helping them reach their dreams
- High growth opportunity and you get to co-create and build something to be proud
- We’ve won every Award available to commercial roofers that matters including the Greater Dallas Business Ethics Award
- Client-Centric – We don’t want satisfy clients, we want loyal clients and we do it by delivering the WOW experience
If you are up for the massive challenge, click HERE to apply with a cover letter explaining why you’re a “FIT” for the position, include your salary requirements and availability. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the CEO of the company.
If you were referred by anyone, please let us know who referred you.
We offer competitive salaries and a generous benefits package. Click here to learn more.