Castro Roofing is an established and rapidly growing Commercial Roofing company in Dallas, Texas in need of a challenge-oriented, result oriented, take-charge field superintendent who can bring experience, skills and business acumen to manage our day to day field operations.
If your motto is “Results Rule” and you don’t need to wait for the daily “To Do List” then you’ll love this position! In order to succeed as our Superintendent, you must thrive on working in a team environment to handle multiple projects and people to meet critical deadlines to achieve 100% client loyalty. You must enjoy learning and implementing new systems to improve the existing operations and be a high energy individual with a proven track record in managing construction crews.
Castro Roofing Superintendent isn’t your typical roofing superintendent. We LOVE our clients. We know truly delightful service involves providing a high level of craftsmanship, safety, as well as precise and efficient solutions through warm and personalized conversations with each of our clients.
Although finding our clients the right roofing solution and delivering highest level of craftsmanship is always our goal, we don’t just fix things…
We are insanely passionate about the success of our clients and delivering each of them peace of mind. We work in a team-based environment and we are constantly reinventing ways to delight our clients. We love a good challenge, so if this type of stuff doesn’t light your fire, this might not be the right path for you. Everything we do to help our client is done with the intent to delight their socks off.
Your Big Three Ways You’ll Help Deliver Peace of Mind:
- Deliver the Red Carpet experience to all our clients by providing helpful, honest and delightful service. Target of 60 Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- Be a servant leader to our field production department and help each crew become the best crews in North Texas.
- Deliver the highest craftsmanship roof installation in North Texas.
What You’ll Own
- Castro Roofing’s Vision. You will be the Chief Kool-Aid Officer (CKO) for all field personal.
- Creating delightful client relationships which include consistent follow-through, setting proper expectations, and advocating for client issues within internal departments.
- Quality of the finished roof and client experience.
- OPM Reports.
- Profitability of each project.
- Using technical knowledge and client service skills to address clients’ needs and resolve problems while providing an exceptional level of service.
Why Consider a Career at Castro Roofing?
- Management team committed to your success.
- Casual and professional environment.
- Team oriented workplace.
- Dynamic and growing company.
- Known and respected company with an excellent reputation. See our reputation by clicking here
- We believe in people and their dreams
Daily Deeds: The Superintendent is responsible for the overall results of the job which include office and field duties:
- Provide a great experience to our clients that will make them loyal towards our company.
- Overseeing daily job site operations, including maintaining adequate materials and supplies for multiple crews.
- Improving job site efficiency and cost containment.
- Scheduling in co-ordination with sales and management including designating material staging areas.
- Overseeing site foremen and ensuring they follow policy, as well as overseeing and training of individuals in roofing system installations.
- Responding to questions of clients, site foremen, management and including crew personnel scheduling and issues.
- Inspecting work in progress.
- Maintaining communication with Owner/management about important issues related to job progress, employee performance, or client success.
- The Superintendent will be responsible for installing roofing systems with the highest degree of quality, in the safest and most cost effective manner.
- Schedule and attend pre-planning sessions with clients.
- Attend pre-roofing conference before roofing work begins.
- Coordinate work schedule with clients and subcontractors and inform Production Manager of all changes in the schedule.
- Maintain job site records, daily OPM reports, delay requests and weather reports as required
- Monitor job progress and control costs.
- Provide support to Production Manager as required for materials, schedule, and cost information.
- Prepare estimates for minor change orders. Provide information/support to estimators for major change orders.
- Attend Daily Department Team meetings; and Weekly Scheduling meetings.
- Build and maintain a great field worker team to deliver a superior experience to our clients.
Gotta Haves: Experience / Requirements
- Be familiar with multiple types of roofing installation and manufacturers – BUR, Modified Bitumen Membrane (SBS, APP, peel and stick – hot, cold and torch), Single-Ply (EPDM, TPO, PVC, etc.), IRMA, Metal Roof Systems, Sheet Metal Trim, and Steep Slope Shingles.
- Coordinate daily work with multiple crews.
- Manage job costs and installation quality.
- 8-10 years proven experience as a Superintendent and managing production operations and people.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to build strong trust level with clients and provide a great experience before, during and after the project.
- Excellent time management & organization skills.
- Business and financial knowledge.
- Strong ability to help others succeed.
Attributes Necessary to be Successful as the Superintendent:
- Makes decisions with the “client’s needs” in mind.
- Supports decisions made by management.
- Works independently without close supervision.
- Able to think ahead, plan and prioritize workload.
- Produces work that is accurate and complete.
- Maintains focus and productivity under stressful conditions.
- Maintains an optimistic viewpoint that anticipates positive outcomes.
- Creative in their approach to solving problems.
- Prioritizes work and “juggles” multiple projects effectively.
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
What Does Our Superman Look Like?
Who I am:
- I have a passion for empowering building owners gain the most from their roofs.
- I know stuff about roofing and can speak about that stuff intelligently
- I’m comfortable with having tough conversations, knowing it’s for the best, YET I have those conversations in the most delightful way possible
- I’m self-motivated
- I get enjoyment from executing with excellence my goals.
- I do the right thing for our clients, team members and Castro Roofing
Who I’m not:
- Discouraged or intimidated by conflict
- A jerk
- A clock-puncher
- Resistant to change
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How can we maintain our stellar quality reputation given the expected growth and immigration laws?
- How can we provide better client experience while also reducing the man-hours required to deliver it?
- How to train our foremen to be create leaders and empower them to help their team reach their dreams.
We Put An Extraordinary Amount Of Thought And Effort Into The People We Hire
A word of warning: Castro Roofing isn’t for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen the values, behaviors and culture that are core to Castro Roofing’s success. Before you apply, be sure Castro Roofing is right for you by clicking here.
If you are up for the massive challenge, click HERE to apply with a cover letter explaining why you’re a “FIT” for the position, include your salary requirements and availability. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the CEO of the company.
If you were referred by anyone, please let us know who referred you.