Service Field Manager
Are you looking to make a positive impact on the service industry by building a team that delivers superior craftsmanship and cares about our clients’ success?
Do you have experience leading and rapidly growing a service department, understand what it takes to stop leaks, training service techs, building trust with clients, and sell service work?
Are you a “Get It Done” high performer?
If so, read on…
Here’s the deal, we’re growing our commercial Service Department and we’re looking for the Service Field Manager to build and lead the team. We’re going to skip all the clichés about this “exciting and challenging, and fulfilling opportunity.”
Instead, here’s a list of some words that will describe the person we’re looking for (quick note: It would be a good idea for you to take an honest assessment of whether they describe you before applying).
The Words: Be Humble, Stay Hungry, Always Hustle and Keep Sharp.
If that’s you, it’s pretty simple from here:
DETAILS OF THE ROLE
Organize Department and Build Team
We want someone who makes things happen on a daily basis and in this position that means organizing and building a world-class service department by leading the field teams and the Service Coordinator. This includes the following Daily Deeds:
- Manages all phases of the service department (manage materials, approving invoices, up-sells, quality of work, client loyalty management, maintenance agreement, gross profit, etc.).
- Determine the appropriate crew to perform repairs and ensures all jobs are scheduled and completed on time.
- Help the sales and field team develop roofing solutions and price repairs.
- Wizard when it comes to detecting leaks, teaching the craft and the technology to the field team.
- Safety and continued education classes held monthly — Coordinate Safety training with our Safety Manager.
- Forecasting maintenance programs, leak repairs based upon supporting document/up-sells.
- Accompany crews on all 2nd recalls projects to ensure leak diagnosis and resolution.
- The main point of contact for any daily questions on repair methods or job safety concerns.
- Ability to perform all employee’s responsibilities overseen, including the Service Coordinator.
- Manage and Request all PO and Material orders. All contract jobs require approved labor hours.
- Quality and consistency in all supporting documents (repair methods), labor, and materials.
- Directly manage the gross margin per job and perform quality control checks.
Great To Haves
- Passion for our team and our client success.
- Five years’ experience in the commercial roofing service department (sell, manage, technical).
- Proven track record of building high-performing teams.
- Must have knowledge of leak detection, pricing and be a “roofing wizard”.
- Advance user of technologies (FCS is a plus), job cost, and scheduling program.
- Expert with various roofing manufacturers and roofing systems.
- Servant leader and loves building people and things.
- Confident in client-facing atmosphere and site visits.
- Thrives in the challenge with a growth mindset.
- Strong proactive skills and an ability to work collaboratively are critical.
The Work (The BIG 3)
- Deliver the WOW Experience to our clients (Net Promoter Score 70)
- Build a world-class team to deliver superior craftsmanship
- Meet revenue goals and gross profit targets
What You Will Own
You’ll be responsible for the quality and the loyalty of our clients and your direct reports. Your focus is to WOW our clients, and build a world-class service department delivering solutions that deliver value and great experience to all our clients.
Manage labor and materials to ensure assigned work orders meet or beat budgets and client expectations for each project. Serves as coach by monitoring a great team environment, client loyalty, and quality workmanship. Continually provides training in areas needing improvements to ensure safety and superior craftsmanship. Performs on job-site and other training as needed for crew-members.
- Castro Roofing’s Vision. You will be the Chief Kool-Aid Officer (CKO) for the entire service personnel.
- Creating delightful client relationships which include consistent follow-through, setting proper expectations, and advocating for client issues within internal departments.
- Co-creates with leaders and key stakeholders process and procedure to deliver the Wow experience to our clients.
- Using technical knowledge and client service skills to address clients’ needs and resolve problems while providing an exceptional level of service.
Functions under general supervision by the General Manager with minimum controls and performs whatever duties are required to achieve desired results.
Track The Client Experience And Follow Up
You need to be organized and serious about taking notes and following up. Are you the type of person who does what you say you’ll do and never makes hollow promises?
You are a problem-solver and have a natural talent for keeping our clients informed at all times. A huge part of that is remembering the promises you make and why you made them. You have superpowers when it comes to figuring the best way to “wow” our clients. You execute the work with excellence and a high sense of urgency. You don’t understand procrastinators because you are not one.
You’ll Really Knock Our Socks Off If You…
- Great listener and problems solver
- Jedi-like talent for identifying, hiring, and growing talented people
- Never say “That’s not my job” or “I didn’t sign up for that”
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT CASTRO ROOFING
So you can decide if we’re the kind of people that you want to go to work with everyday
Culture is our Strategy
At Castro Roofing, we deliver peace of mind.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And oftentimes, working at Castro Roofing is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 10 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the World-Class leader in the roofing industry with exceptional service and unmatched talent.
At Castro Roofing, culture is our strategy. We commit to provide you opportunities for growth, empowerment to help deliver peace of mind, and ownership to help us create a better world.
Together…we will deliver the wow-experience to all we touch. We will elevate trust and confidence to the world. We will inspire people to reach their dreams.
What we believe
At Castro Roofing, we believe in empowering our clients for success, not entitlement. We believe in the value of hard work, passion and determination.
We earn everything we have by achieving. We believe in hard work, passion and our daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly goals. If we fall short, we own our failure, learn from it and try again.
People are our greatest resources but even they can only achieve truly great results through working as a team in a company that priorities merit, competency and professional growth.
Who we serve
We empower commercial building owners and managers to make smart roofing decisions so they and their teams can be more powerful influences in the world and enjoy life as they see fit. Our love for the success of our clients is at the core of our culture. In the future we see our business expanding and helping other owners in all aspects of building management.
Right now we’re focused on helping commercial building owners better manage their roofing assets and deliver the WOW experiences. We do this by stopping their nightmare roof leaks, extending the life of their roofs, helping determine storm damage for their insurance claim and empowering them to make smart roofing decisions.
Who we are
We LOVE our clients! We know truly delightful service involves providing high level of craftsmanship, safety, precise and efficient solutions through warm and personalized conversations with each of our clients.
Although finding our clients the right roofing solution and delivering highest level of craftsmanship is always our goal, we don’t just fix things…
We are insanely passionate about our client success and delivering each of them peace of mind. We work in a team-based environment and we are constantly reinventing ways to delight our clients. Everything we do to help our client is done with the intent to delight their socks off.
A word of warning: Castro Roofing isn’t for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen the values, behaviors and culture that are core to Castro Roofing’s success. We love a good challenge, so if this type of stuff doesn’t light your fire, this might not be the right path for you. Before you apply, be sure Castro Roofing is right for you by clicking here.