Organizational Development & Talent Acquisition Manager
Are you a proactive, have a high sense of urgency, confident self-starter that thrives in competitive situations? Are you focus on winning and driven to be the best you can be whether at work or hobbies? Are you tenacious in attaining what you determine to be the goal and persistent in conquering the objective at hand?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, optimistic and social Organization Development (OD) and Talent Acquisition individual we call a Trailblazer that can go out to uncharted territory and is resolute at getting to the others side, working with people and through thought.
1. Leadership development and teambuilding
2. Organization alignment to strategy, including org design and performance management
3. Entire Employee Lifecycle – Attract, Sell and Wow (recruiting, spotting A-players, hiring, on-boarding and wowing our team)
If you have a passion for building and mentoring high performing teams, believe in loyalty and you are unselfish come join our winning team (we won every Award available to a commercial roofing company that matters) and find your true calling. Make a difference in other people’s lives by helping them win at life. This massive challenge will require changing our current structure, process and anything else needed to win and become The World-Class Service Organization.
If the above words resonate with you, keep reading.
Department: Human Resource
Reports to: CEO
Supports: All Department
Position(s) under direct working supervision: HR Department
Culture Is Our Strategy
At Castro Roofing, we deliver peace of mind.
We don’t just say that, we mean it and we do it every day. And often times, working at Castro Roofing is much like running a small business. There will be long days and incredible challenges, but the reward will be contributing to something that is larger than you. We want you to bring hustle, grit, and passion to everything you do here. You will be expected to take high ownership and improve yourself constantly. You will be held accountable to our 10 Core Values and will be expected to hold your teammates accountable as well. The values are what unify us and allow us to make the impact that we do. They are crucial on our mission to becoming the North Texas World-Class Service Organization.
At Castro Roofing, culture is our strategy.
We commit to provide you opportunities for growth, empowerment to help deliver peace of mind, and ownership to help us create a better world.
Together…we will deliver the wow-experience to all we touch. We will elevate trust and confidence to the world. We will inspire people to reach their dreams.
Who We Are
We LOVE our clients! We know truly delightful service involves providing high level of craftsmanship, safety, precise and efficient solutions through warm and personalized conversations with each of our clients.
Although finding our clients the right roofing solution and delivering highest level of craftsmanship is always our goal, we don’t just fix things…
We are insanely passionate about our client success and delivering each of them peace of mind. We work in a team-based environment and we are constantly reinventing ways to delight our clients. Everything we do to help our client is done with the intent to delight their socks off.
A word of warning: Castro Roofing isn’t for everyone. We hold ourselves to a higher standard than most. You will be expected to push yourself, to make your mark and to strengthen the values, behaviors and culture that are core to Castro Roofing’s success. We love a good challenge, so if this type of stuff doesn’t light your fire, this might not be the right path for you. Before you apply, be sure Castro Roofing is right for you by clicking here.
The Big Three Ways You Will Help Deliver Peace of Mind:
- Leadership development and teambuilding
- Organization alignment to strategy, including org design and performance management
- Entire Employee Lifecycle – Attract, Sell and Wow (recruiting, spotting A-players, hiring, on-boarding and wowing our team)
What You Will Own:
As our Organizational Development and Talent Acquisition leader, you will be driving strategy through Culture and employee loyalty. You’ll get to co-create, design, develop, implement and assesse Human Resources development strategies in support of the business plan. Help build a team of A-Players to provide a delightful client experience and creating best practices which are designed to make us the Best Place to Work in Dallas.
- Castro Roofing’s Vision. You will be the Chief Kool-Aid Officer (CKO) for the entire company.
- Influence and provide internal consulting through leadership and coaching of business leaders at all levels of the organization to improve performance and drive change.
- Partner functional business unit leaders to identify needs to perform and execute strategy, including individual and group performance, processes and structure and defining measurable objectives to achieve through interventions.
- Lead and manage OD projects and resources to ensure effective delivery and implementation of processes and interventions to achieve defined objectives and client expectations.
- Design, develop, evaluate learning/training programs and execute.
- Ensure effective Organizational Development (OD) strategies, processes and interventions are selected or designed and developed to achieve defined objectives and expectations, such as performance management, leadership and Castrolite development curriculum, succession planning, coaching, and talent selection and review processes.
- Systematic thinking (sees how the whole picture fits together and understands the cause and effect or interdependence between the various elements of an organization).
- Strategic thinking/ability to help lead strategy planning process.
- Organization alignment to strategy, including org design and performance management (org chart work and role clarity).
- Leadership development and team building.
- Great communication and facilitation skills.
- Collaborative style and ability to lead others in a co-creative process.
- Exceptional change management leadership abilities.
- Understanding motivations of individual behavior/performance (internal motivation, ability, compensation, etc.) and what good leaders do to improve performance.
- Student of Jim Collins’ work as well as familiarity with Patrick Lencioni’s 5 Dysfunctions of a Team (classic) or his more recent book The Advantage.
- Establish department-wide standards and systems connected to people strategies.
- Recruit A-Players
- Ensure we attract team members that are aligned with our immediate and future needs, our Shared Vision and work with the department leaders to develop Castrolites personal growth plan that will help address the their present and future needs.
- Understand our industry and workforce, so that we target the correct skills, competencies and experience that will result in success for the Castro Roofing and the future Castrolite.
- Create company-wide Culture of Client Success.
- Company Branding
- Help us promote our brand; help sell our company as the place to be. Why are we different? Why are we better? By carefully articulating this in the market place we will be in a better position to attract top quality candidates that are in alignment with our Culture of Good.
- Building/Maintaining Relationships
- Being positive and ensuring that the candidates we bring in are in alignment with our Shared Vision. Leave each candidate with a positive experience and be able to establish and maintain business relationships in OD/HR communities.
- Metrics & Analytics
- Develop KPI’s to help us drive continuous improvement and help the company make better recruitment decisions and improve the quality of hires. Retention will be vital. Help develop best practices and utilize tools and technology and outsourcing partners to the best of their ability.
- Create effective gauntlets to determine the best fit for our company.
- Defines project research plan and leverages common strategic and operational frameworks to support key decisions and recommendations, and manages completion of analysis and interpretation of results.
- Identifies project/program risk and issues and proposes mitigation tactics and strategies.
- Manages change management activities across all department.
- Develops compelling, logically structured presentations and deliverables that will be shared at the Talent and business leadership level.
- Maintains awareness of current business trends, operating conditions, and internal process and practices that have significant impact on Talent programs.
- Increase Employee Retention
- Champion a company-wide culture of sustainable Client Success
- Collaborate with Production, Administration, and Services Leaders to identify, illuminate, and change churn-inducing behaviors
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Bachelor Degree in Training and Development, Organizational Development, Human Resources, Human Resource Development. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years relevant and progressive experience in training, development and organizational development disciplines with 2-3 years of increased leadership responsibilities.
- Knowledge of organizational development principles, methods, assessments and interventions.
- Skilled in the instructional design and curriculum development processes.
- A passion for coaching, training and employee delight!
- Project Management Certification preferred
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Apply problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to lead / manage change on a team
- Experience with the entire lifecycle
- Define perfect fit for position
- Recruit A-Players
- Effectively spot A-Players during the interview process
- Retain top performers
- Passion for providing a one-of-a-kind experience for our Castrolites.
- Naturally execute with excellence
- High sense of urgency
- Enjoys building high performance teams
- Well read. Growth mindset
Skills We Want
- “Eye” for spotting talent
- Recruits for Culture FIT and position skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
What Does Our OD Manager Look Like?
Who I am:
- I have a passion for the success of others
- I love coaching and developing leader
- I’m comfortable with having tough conversations, knowing it’s for the best, YET I have those conversations in the most delightful way possible
- I’m self-motivated
- I don’t crumble under pressure
- I get enjoyment from executing with excellence
- I do the right thing for our clients, team members and Castro Roofing
- I’m a tenacious person that understands all problems have solutions if we want it bad enough.
- I’m hungry, humble and sharp
Who I’m not:
- Discouraged or intimidated by conflict
- A jerk
- A clock-puncher
Challenges You Can Help Us Face (with optimism)
- How can we maintain our stellar quality reputation given the expected growth and immigration laws?
- How can we attract, spot, hire, on-ramp better and continually develop leaders in an industry that is not top of mind on most people?
- How can we train our field foremen to become great leaders and multiply themselves?
- How can we help our Castrolites reach their dreams?
To arrange a confidential interview, complete our survey and include your resume. All qualified resumes are personally reviewed by the CEO of the company.